Another activity given to us by the school is the Taize.... a prayer and vigil
It actually originated in France. I could say that we are very lucky enough to be part of this event. When I first heard of it, I thought immediately about having fun with my friends alone. As I entered the venue, I went to my group and decided to sit with them. We had these name tags of which has specific color and symbol. We didn't what it was for at first. Well we were grouped according to our symbols at the lower right corner of our name tags. I had the sun......
How I really wish I could be with my own set of friends...... back to reality, we could not. So when we were grouped, I was clueless of whom to go to. Then somebody just poked me and it was my friend. Then another called my name to sit with her. And so I did.
First we had this Taize vespers. After that we had our dinner by groups. Then we had two speakers on which we have to listen to very well because there will be a sharing afterwards. Luckily I was not the only one not paying attention. Even the higher levels were not listening. Then the time came that we all have to share. But nothing went through my mind. There was even a facilitator with us in our small grouping. Thank God that I was not the only one not having any answers, I was even better than I thought.
Here then comes the main event, the Taize proper which was already close to midnight. My sister had her own Taize experience and she described it as solemn and fun. To be honest I found it boring at first but when we got to the Taize proper, what she said was true. I lasted until 12:30 in the morning I think. My favorite part of the Taize was when various schools, including ours performed. It woke me up until the next speaker arrived.
The sun was already making its way up again. It was already close 5 a.m. and there was no sign o me getting sleepy. To end the Taize, We had our mass. It was not likely to be the same as the ones we have usually, this time it was fast. The very freaky part about this mass is that there was this student who collapsed. The worst thing is that there was no electricity which made it even more difficult. She was immediately brought to the clinic.
Whew! That was, again, A very stressful moment but also very fun. I had lots of fun with my friends and even met some new faces....
Well that makes Taize for me a real deal.....
No comments:
Post a Comment